This month, we are recognizing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. What a wonderful time to teach children about diversity, unity, equality, and peace! To celebrate this leader of the Civil Rights Movement, here are 20 crafts, activities, and books for your child or class.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- How Would You Change the World craft by No Time for Flash Cards. This craft encourages children to think about the good they can do in the world and what’s important to their hearts.
- Peace Dove Handprints by Inner Child Fun. This is a really simple craft that’s perfect for toddlers!
- Freedom Bell Craft by Twiggle Magazine. This craft comes with a song! How fun!
- Love All, Accept All craft by Craft Ideas for Kids. Here is a cute decoration to hang in your home or classroom that shows exactly what Martin Luther King’s dream was all about.
- My Own Two Hands craft by New Creation Preschool. This printable has a lovely poem and a hand to paint.
- I Have a Dream Mobile by Scholastic. Encourage kids to write down their dreams on this fun mobile craft.
- Groovy Peace Signs by Inner Child Fun. Each sign is unique and totally groovy!
- Peace Doves by Teach Them to Fly. This is another great handprint activity, and I love the final product. It’s really cute.
- Paper Doll Craft by Naturally Educational. Here is a fun craft that teaches unity and peace.
- Multicultural Hand Wreath by The Kids’ Fun Review. Join hands of many colors in this fun wreath craft.