A friend of mine gave these out at her Christmas party last year, and I just couldn’t get over how adorable they were. Kids will have a lot of fun making mini Christmas trees with cubbyholes. It’s an added bonus that it's all made out of paper and candy!
Supplies for the Christmas Tree:
Hershey Kisses (9)
Box of Dots or Milk Duds (1)
Mini Bells (1-2)
Directions for the Christmas Tree:
Be sure to check out the instruction video for a visual guide because the folding can be a bit tricky for younger kids. Now let’s get started with that construction paper!
1) Fold one sheet of construction paper hot dog style to make strips that are 1-2 inches thick.
2) You’ll need three strips of one color for your tree leaves and one strip of another color for your tree trunk.
3) Fold a strip in one-inch increments. Bend at the creases to make a row of triangles. This should give you five triangles.
4) These little triangle pockets are where you will place your Hershey Kisses.
5) Repeat this process on the second row of your tree. You’ll only need three triangles for your second row, though, so cut off the excess triangles after you’ve folded them.
6) Wrap your third strip around the triangle rows and fold to make the frame of your tree.
7) Glue the rows of your tree and the wrap together.
8) Put your box of dots or milk duds in the middle of your strip and fold it around the box a few times. This way you’ll have a sturdy and tight fit for your tree trunk.
9) Cut the right size and glue the ends together.
10) Glue the trunk and the tree frame together.
11) For a cute decoration, add ribbon or a bell around the tree and wrap it in cellophane as a gift!
For another cute treat to add to the tree, try The Christmas Chocolate Treat - Choo Choo Train!
Check out the video here!