By Marie LeBaron
Hey, it's Marie from Make and Takes here. I'm happy to be sharing a fun kid crafty tutorial helping you get ready for back to school!
We're making backpack tags to personalize our school backpacks. These are made from a recycled cereal box, covering a square piece with the fun craft supply washi tape. It's a no-mess craft you're sure to love!
Supplies for Washi Tape Backpack Tags:
1. Cut a small 3x4 piece of cardboard from your cereal box.
2. Cover one or both sides of your cereal box with washi tape. Wrap it around both sides, or you can just cover the picture side of the cereal box, leaving the back blank to color on.
3. Punch a hole with your hole punch on one corner of your tag.
4. Add your child's name to the tag with markers, crayons, or letter stickers.
5. Thread ribbon or twine through your punched hole. Grab your backpack and thread it through a loop on the front of the backpack.
Now they are ready to attach! You'll want to create one for all the backpacks in your house or maybe one for all the kids in your child's class. You could make it a fun crafty event!
Marie LeBaron is the founder and managing editor of the popular parenting blog Make and Takes, and author of the book Make and Takes for Kids. She's a mother of 3 living in Seattle. There's always some sort of project going on in her home, her kitchen table is often cluttered with crafts. When she's not crafting and creating with her kids, she loves to read, crochet, and blog!