Got spare crayon stubs lying around? Make old crayons NEW with this fun recipe!
What You'll Need:
- Broken crayons
- An old muffin tin
- A knife
Now For A Limited Time!
Get 12 Issues of Creative Child Magazine for FREE!!
Click Here to Get Your FREE Subscription
- Gather up all of your broken crayons, remove the wrappers and break them into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Fill the muffin tin with an inch-thick layer of crayon pieces.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the wax is melted.
- Allow the tin to cool; then pop out the crayons, and they're ready for use.
- If you don't have a muffin tin to devote to crayon making, you can line your regular muffin tin with foil cups.
- Candy and soap making molds can also be used to create fun, shaped crayons.
- Recycled crayons make a great no-cost gift or party favor.
Click here for more creative parenting tips.